1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technically I'm out but sometimes I feel like I'm back in the closet, advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BelieveinLove94, Mar 7, 2017.

1. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So, technically, I'm out. All of my friends know, some of my family like my stepsister and she has been the best and most supportive person ever. I haven't told my dad (my parents are divorced and I live with my mom while I'm in college), mainly because he has a gay brother that he disowned and the only reason I found out about him was that someone accidently mentioned him at a family reunion when I was seventeen. I told my mom and her reaction was very upsetting, I'm actually still trying to forgive her for all the horrible stuff she said. She threatened to out me to my eighty year old great aunt who I was never planning on coming out to because she has high blood pressure and heart problems. She also told me my grandmother, who passed away, would be disgusted by me. She then told me that I needed to force myself to like men. That's only a couple of the things she said to me. Now my mom is acting like I never told her. She keeps pointing out cute guys and asking me if I've met any guys at college. She also told me that she wished I would go to frat parties so I could meet guys. I'm a lesbian, I have no interest in men sexually. I just feel like she's trying to forget I ever came out to her and trying to push me back into the closet. What should I do?

2. TheOneCactus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My advice is to be very straightforward with her. Tell her that she cant change you and as soon as she understands the easier it will be to accept it. I think at this stage shes in denial and this is 99/100 certain that it will pass. Dont sweat!