1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Further Education Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mr Bojangles, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Mr Bojangles

Right, I'm currently in Year 10 in an IB School in Dubai. But I'm not sure If I want to do the IB System, and I've had enough of the rules, decorum and other trash that comes with private education. Ideally, I want to leave the country, but I've got a mother who refuses to let go (I want to spend any more than a day away from her and there's got to be much umming and ahing, and I usually have to say no because she's made up some insanely stupid reason). I'm researching some 6th form Colleges back in the UK as the system doesn't really exist in Scotland, with only TAFE style places that are taking in High-School Drop-outs or older people who never got qualifications.

But basically, all you angliski's out there, can you recommend me somewhere that'll have are good for Photography/Drama as I want to do them at A Level.

Any clues?

2. SailingKoala

Is it possible to ask friends or the people in art class 1 or 2 years above you advice on what schools/ colleges they are thinking about as most expat kids end up going back home to college or uni around A level time - they should have some good advice and understanding of what is involved to get placements from overseas and which are the best places to go.