1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so what now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sophie, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Sophie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok, so i've told two of my best friends that i like girls (probably about 70% of the time).

Its gone fine-which is really good. They were just cool about it.

One of them is going travelling for 3 months (next week) and my other friend is like the busiest person i know, I come a close second-we dont really have time for each other-which is a shame because shes my favorite person on the planet.

I think i'm really happy about those guys knowing, I feel like im competely myself now, and i think that if my mum was alive, i would totally be able to tell her.

I just dont really know where to go from here. i just feel really lonely (not in a sad way-just that most of my friends are out of the country at the minute or just super busy) also, my closest guy friend (who i see every day) told me hes completely in love with me (he doesnt know) which has put me in a difficult situation (he has a girlfriend of 7 years). I just dont really have anyone to talk to, or help me deal with this now.

I've got a date with a guy next week-he's nice-quite dull though. but i thought i should just do something to make it clear to this other guy that i'm not intersted so he doesnt break up with his girlfriend for me. (i know this is a really bitchy thing to do to the date guy)

I had a thought that i'm so messed up and dead inside that i might not be able to be with anyone ever. (this thought made me cry at work today-along with my boss telling me off for my short skirt-messy!) but i think i need to give myself a chance.

I just dont really know how to meet people, I guess i mean girls. Like what do you do? i'm not really a fan of meat markets, I hate picking people up in clubs-there is no way i would go to any club by myself. I actually dont know where to start. like what did you do? what now?

thanks for your help! sorry for whinging, ive had a had a bad day!:thumbsup:

2. RainbowJay

well, it sounds like you should tell the guy you're not interested, and maybe ask to be friends, if that's possible
    tell him that it wouldn't be fair to his girlfriend if you just stole him away like that (if you are a little bit interested)

as for the meeting people business, I understand how you feel :/

not a lot of people are comfortable with clubs and that's okay! maybe you should get friendly with people at your job or friends of your family or such
    aaaaand, if you don't like going to clubs alone, go with a few friends, they may introduce you to somebody new, or make you feel less shy ^.^

there's also those speed dating things at several restaurants and you can meet anybody and see if you're interested in anybody

I don't have much experience in the matter, but I like to suggest something, good luck! (*hug*)

3. Nick

If it were me, perhaps I would have just said to the guy who has the GF of 7 years that you just want to remain friends.

However, what's done is done.

As for meeting people, if you like playing tennis, join a tennis club. If you like art, take an art class. Basically you never know where you might meet someone who you like, and if you meet them at somewhere like the two places I listed, most likely you will already have something in common. :slight_smile:

4. Mickey

Yup,tell the guy you want to be just friends. He's in a relationship and you like girls.
    If there are PFLAG meetings anywhere near you,you may try attending one and see how that goes. There are on-line dating sites but I'm not sure how those are.
    You could google for gay/lesbian places in your area. I hate clubs,too.
    I wish you good luck at whatever you decide to do. Remember,we're all here for you,to talk,vent,etc.