1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will she understand

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dudethere, Apr 17, 2009.

1. dudethere

Ok so some back ground I'm 13 and came out to almost everyoen back in September (including my mom). My mom has a gay best freind but something I've noticed is that she hates the idea of me flamming abotu my sexuality. I buy a shirt that is a snug fit and she gets put off for teh rest of the night. Why I dont know? I realy do want to where tighter clothing so that I can at least be noticed by anyone interessted but not for thsoe who aren't. Please tell me if I should do what she says and dress how she wants me to or dress how I want to.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It can take a while for parents to be comfortable with all aspects of your life and they way you want to present yourself. That said, and given that you are only 13, it seems to me that your mum might also be concerned about your safety and well being when you are out and about.

If you want to find someone who might be interested in you, why not join a LGBT social/youth group in your community or perhaps at your school, which might be a lot safer too and might actually ease some of the fears that she might have.

In terms of dressing, maybe try finding a compromise with your mum. Talk to her about it, ask her why she is opposed to you wearing tighter clothing and listen to what she has to say.

Hope this helps!

3. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It could be more that she is thinking "how is he going to grow into that if it already fits?" Could be hard on mom's wallet if she is buying the clothes. 13 year old boys grow fast.