1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I transgender?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Knight4554, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Knight4554

Sometimes I wonder if I'm transgender or not. I'm originally a girl, but I do not like to wear makeup or dresses or any other sort of thing like that. I like to wear button up dress shirts, pants suits, and khaki pants. I don't want to get my ears pierced. I sometimes don't feel right in my body and I feel like I was meant to be a male. My hair is cut off in a pixie cut and a lot of people say my hair looks like a boy, I get mad when that happens but honestly I want to feel like a boy. But on another topic, if I really am transgender, there would be no way to hide it. But I would like to hide it because my grandparents are *strong* christians and there would be nothing to do about it since I have boobs. I'm really stuck here. Please help!

2. rainyday

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't help you too much I think, but not liking dresses, makeup, pierced ears, and things like that alone and by its self does not make you transgender, imo. You might try asking yourself why you don't like those things? Like I don't like them because I do not like traditional gender rolls and the stereotypes and associations that come with them, and I am pretty certain I'm not transgender. But you might have other feelings and reasons why you don't like them, like maybe you don't like being identified as female. Besides that, feeling like you were meant to be male and feeling or wanting to feel like a boy sounds transgender to me?

3. HeyThereAlex

I'm gonna start off by saying: take your time figuring it out. It's different for everybody how they found out they're transgender, but I can recommend to try and read or watch other peoples stories, it helped me a lot.

If you have a friend or someone you trust, maybe try and talk about how you feel etc. with them? They might be able to help you.

It took me about a year I think until I was certain I was transgender. I thought about it everyday, I watched tons of videos about it, I read the definition multiple times and I asked myself daily if I really wanted to be a boy.

If you have any siblings or if you feel comfortable talking to your parents, maybe you could tell them how you feel, your thoughts etc.

Wish you luck! :slight_smile: