1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inexperienced and insecure

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sportyspice, Mar 15, 2017.

1. sportyspice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 19 years old and live in a very liberal college environment and yet I still can't really feel totally comfortable being myself and don't have the confidence to get anything going with a girl. I'm a very socially anxious when getting to know anyone and as a result I did sign up for a dating app but I feel like I can't make a personal connection with the people I meet on there. I also have no idea on how to flirt with girls but I'm really at a point where I really want a relationship.

Pls help

2. guitar

19 is still really young. I didn't do anything with a guy until almost my mid-20s. Everyone needs to start somewhere and for most of us, our first time is awkward - you're still just trying to figure everything out and your emotions are running on high.

Are you at college? Maybe join the local lgbt club (GSA) if there is one. It really helps to have another gay person to talk to who you can relate to and perhaps guide you and teach you a few things.