1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to start?????

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MandyLee, Mar 16, 2017.

1. MandyLee

I am an older woman ...40 years young. Was in a relationship with a male for 17 years (very abusive and controlling relationship) and out of that I was lucky to be blessed with 3 children. So I have identified as bi since I can remember and in the years after I managed to leave my ex (almost 6)I have just concentrated on healing from that abusive relationship and raising my children and discovering myself and life again. I have seen a guy on and off but my heart isn't in it and when we are intimate I become a really great actor (I know it sounds bad but please don't judge me :frowning2: ).
    I know I'm lesbian....my attraction too women is at it's all time high and I don't look at guys at all in that way anymore and havnt for quite some time. I really want to come out but I just don't know how to and where I live I really don't know how to have the oppurtunity to be able to even have the chance to have a relationship with another female. Also ...I hinted to my bf ...but he didn't take it well at all...so I'm worried of his reaction. And of course I'm worried for my children.
    I know this is what I really want and need in my life ...I just don't know how to go about all this . Can someone ....anyone ...please help me ?

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey MandyLee. Welcome to EC. I'm not sure I can be of any help other than to offer support, a friendly ear to listen and a friendly shoulder to cry on (if needed).

I can understand that you are worried about your boyfriends reaction however you deserve to be happy. How old are your children?

There is absolutely no reason to judge you although you seem to be judging yourself.

I have not been in your situation but there are women on here that have and talking with them will probably help your peace of mind etc

Cyber hugs and good vibes sent your way along with a friendship request

3. WMM

WMM

Hello

I am some old straight guy. My wife has a complicated history. She has identified openly as bisexual since 1992. We were married in 1973, and struggled to discover her turmoil. We guess she was "converted" from her ungodly lesbian thoughts when she was 14. She did finally remember.

We do send you good wishes. It's so unfair that the men in your life are not accepting you as you really are. I admit it was hard for me, but say I was always sympathetic and kind to my wife.

Mary is very far to the lesbian side of the spectrum, but she has always been adamant she is bisexual. In 1997 there was an issue with a breakup with her girlfriend, and I decided Mary needed me out of the way. After just a few weeks she convinced me I was wrong.

Mary absolutely believes some bisexual people need to love both a man and a woman to be whole. She thinks the idea she has to give up one or the other is just another version of the taunts that she can't be bisexual and must decide if she is straight or lesbian.

It's a bit crazy, but she says she needs to be able to hope to stay happy. She says she understands how you feel. We do wish you luck in finding what you need.

Mary says you are not alone.