1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People assuming

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PoppyWoppy, Mar 17, 2017.

1. PoppyWoppy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi I'm 15 gay and in the closet to everyone but my parents.
    Over the past year I've made quite a few new friends. Here's the problem one of my friend is straight ( as far as I know ). But people assume me and him are together, at first this really bothered s me but I eventually realised I don't care but my friend does it really upsets him. I told him it's just a joke and nobody really thinks it ( and they don't ). It still bothers him though. what should I don not only has this hurt our friendship it makes me worried he'll think I like him when I do come out which is far from the truth. What you do? :confused:

2. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can't stop everyone from thinking that. In fact, if you tell everyone to stop thinking that, they'll say it more. What you two need to do is lighten up and laugh along with the people saying that.
    Also, have a talk with your friend, and let him know that you don't think of him that way, no matter what people are saying.

Listen, people are going to make assumptions about you your entire life. It's best you don't worry about what people are saying and thinking, because there is no stopping it. You know what's really going on with you, and that's all that matters.

#2 Assassin'sKat, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. DreamonRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Are ya'll like always hanging out or something? Maybe give the friendship a little distance. If ya'll are good enough friends coming out won't change how he feels about you. It shouldn't. Sorry to say but some people won't be okay with it, but if yall are close enough that people think yall are together then it should be fine but maybe some space.