1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on a one-side crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AnimeFan4Ever, Apr 18, 2009.

1. AnimeFan4Ever

In Indianapolis now, I hope to move to Los Angeles
    Okay, so there's this guy who I sit next to in my P.E. class and my Algebra class and his mane is Sam, and ever since the beginning of this year, I've had a longing crush on him. But here's the thing: 1- Even though he's single now, I'm pretty sure he's straight, not questioning, not bi, but straight. 2- Other than the occasional "Hey man, how's it goin'?", we don't talk to each other that much, so me talking to him in any way is out of the ordinary for either of us. So what should I do? Should I still try to get close to him somehow? Should I give up? I'm really torn between what to do here, it's just like how in practically every teen movie where's the nerdy guy or girl in the AV club and band who has a crush on the captain of the football team or cheer squad only I'm not that big of a nerd (I still am one though) and he's not that cool. So.... What should I do I guess.

2. Greggers

Well, your GOING to have to kill him now. If you cant have him, NO ONE ELSE CAN EVER HAVE HIM! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*cough*...er...or, you could try and accept the fact you cant have him, and move on :slight_smile: It sucks, but you have one thing on your side: Time. Just give it some time! Its one of those "It will never happen ever no matter what" so just drill that into your head things.

There is no "pop a pill" cure for a crush alas :frowning2: You can always replace the crush with someone better? Maybe even a celeb crush? Cause you KNOW celeb crushes wont ever work out, but you can sit at home and just dream in a safer way.

3. aerwolfen

greg is right , you know he is straight,any move you make will only hurt you more,you can't flirt with him, you can't ask him out, sure you could talk with him,but your not in his circle of friends, by coming out to him would just embarass him and yourself and set yourself up for ridicule, this is one crush better left as fanatsy.

4. Blazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Completely irrelevant, but I absolutely love Bleach too. (I'm gathering that you like it cause of your avatar)

It's tough crushing on a guy you know is straight. Really tough.
    Like everyone else has said here, you just have to try move on. I know it's hypocritical of my to say this (Crushing on a guy, pretty sure he's straight. 8| ), but you really should try.

You should also keep in mind that crushes are really just that, crushes. You probably don't love him (Or so I've gathered), so as tough as it'll be, you'll eventually move on.

Well, you should try to befriend him, even if he is straight. Ya can't have too many friends.

But if you don't let it get out of hand, a little crush isn't such a bad thing.

5. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    there all right if there is 0 chance of anything happening its best just to try and move on find somebody new one sided crushes are the most depressing fing eva i kno :frowning2:

6. Thisisnew

Like it's been said you have to try and move on it sucks I know but it will be better for you in the end.

7. Haiiro

Haiiro Guest

(Hey, Bleach. I love Bleach /OT)

What everyone else has said...try to move on. I know what it is like to have a one-sided crush when the other person is straight (hell, it happens to me all the time...I really need some better gaydar).

It hurts a lot at first, but eventually you'll be able to get past it and move on. Just hang in there. :slight_smile:

8. AnimeFan4Ever

In Indianapolis now, I hope to move to Los Angeles
    Well I want to and I know I probably should, but at the same time I'm not 100% sure that he is straight. I guess it's that one thing that keeps me to him. Even then, he's still a great person, I still want to talk to him, if not a couple maybe friends, and I think he thinks of me as some sort of friend even if it's not like "Hey Joe! My best man in the whole world!" I wouldn't say "Hey, I love you, but your not gay so later forever." That make sense now that I've sort of gone deeper into the whole thing.