1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me & My brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yelozbhsbjaj729, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Yelozbhsbjaj729

Hi again!

Ok, so I found out my brother isn't homophobic on the way to school this morning I'll give the short story.

So we were walking to school like normal (he is 17) he said to me will you ever get another girlfriend (I'm 13 I split up with my girlfriend recently) then he said or boyfriend. He doesn't mind if I'm happy he says... but I'm not sure what he thinks about bisexuals... should I come out to him or not??? He sounds like he would Be supportive I'm not sure though ..

2. CharacterStudy

Sounds pretty supportive to me, great brother. Some people are bi-phobic or have misconceptions so you can't be certain, but he sounds fairly open. If you want more reassurance why not discuss without coming out? You could mention Kinsey's discoveries (start with 'ever heard about that American guy who asked lots of people really intrusive questions in the 1940s and discovered all sorts of things about people sex lives...', including that a lot of people are bi.) I think there was a film on Kinsey a few years back, you could get that up on Prime or something one night, and see where the discussion leads.

3. Yelozbhsbjaj729

Good idea Thanks :slight_smile: he likes history he is a little autistic I think (literally not very autistic at all) maybe I could talk to him about in the old days what were gay marriage and gay rights like same for bi right... (idk just an idea)

4. CharacterStudy

If he likes history then yes, start like that, or watch The Imitation Game with him and talk about how the history of gay men having to have a girlfriend for cover seems to mean that some people now have this view of bisexuality being only a face-saving step on the road to full on gayness - and how wrong that is..

Good luck and let us know how the conversation goes.

5. Lacayda

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Didn't your brother out you to you mother? So I guess he already knows:lol:

6. Yelozbhsbjaj729

Yeah this post was a few days ago :slight_smile: doesn't time fly