1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I come out as a lesbian to my friends after already coming out as trans?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by scaredofgrls, Mar 23, 2017.

1. scaredofgrls

I believed I was a transman for a long time. Recently, I’ve discovered I’m just a masculine lesbian. How do I come out to my friends as a lesbian now, after telling them to use different pronouns/a different name? (The friends in question are a gay man and a trans man, so homophobia isn’t an issue). I really would prefer to do this over text, because I'm really nervous about it.

2. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's my biggest fear with coming out - that I'll realize I was wrong. I can imagine this is pretty hard for you...but I think if you are open and honest with them they'll understand, especially since they are LGBT.

3. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be honest with them. I'm sure they'll understand. For several decades I identified as a lesbian though it didn't feel quite right. I now know who I really am and feel comfortable in my own skin for the first time in years.

Just explain how you feel to them. You could always post here what you plan to write to try it out and get feedback

4. Liammac

I would say that if you have already told you're friends you were trans and they were ok with it then they will be ok with you now telling them who you really are. I completely agree with you that talking to someone is much more difficult but I do think it helps a lot more than explaining through a text. Tell the one person you know for sure will understand and go from there. If you tell someone and they don't understand you I'd give them some room and if they can't come round to it then don't concern yourself with them.
    Liam