1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What just happened?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Random Ross 1, Mar 23, 2017.

1. So. This is gonna be loooooong. I'm a closet bi ftm transguy, who is also a closet atheist, that lives with a mormon family. My brother started having questions about the church, and the mormon church is NOT a church where you want to express any doubt. Well, my brother did express doubt. But my mom didn't freak out. They kind of had a friendly debate, but I knew it wouldn't stay that way if my brother didn't pretend to change his mind quick. Well he did, but I don't know if he was pretending. I just want him to be able to think for himself. But the thing is, it's just so WEIRD how my mom didn't flip out. I mean, I "came out" as gender confused, even though I wasn't confused and knew I was trans. My parents reacted very well. But slowly, that good reaction started to change into them giving me a constant guilt trip and starting to freak out. Back into the closet I went. When my parents were having that "debate" with my brother, I just felt almost completely safe to come out as everything that I am. But I knew that if I told her, she would eventually start freaking out no matter how cool she reacted at first. Even though I know from prior experience that it's only an act, I've never felt that safe coming out. I know I need to tell them eventually. I think my best option is to drop super obvious hints until it's obvious they suspect something, then come out so it won't be such a shock to them. But I can't drop hints about my atheism. My parents didn't freak out at my brother, but they were VERY concerned. I don't know what I'll do about that.