1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 year anniversary

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pasinhose, Mar 26, 2017.

1. pasinhose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was 5 years ago today, March 26th, 2012 that I came out for the first time. It was to a friend I could trust and I recall after I said, Nicole....I am gay...that I thought my head would explode. But I had to do it. It was building up inside of me and I could no longer repress it. Months earlier, I had internally, peacefully accepted that I was gay after years of fighting it. I also had a sexual experience that confirmed it as it was satisfying and a calm relief. I felt exuberant. After a few days from that moment I did calm down as I questioned whether I made a mistake but said to myself, no - you did not. I also told Nicole there was no use in hiding who I was and she could share that information with others. 5 years on its a work in progress. I am quietly out to about 30 people now. My way of dealing with me and others. Everyone has a different journey but from someone who 15 years ago could not imagine being gay, I could not imagine being straight now. Life is interesting.

2. raspberry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

My fifth anniversary of first coming out to someone is this month too (I've forgotten the actual day :eusa_doh:slight_smile:.

Have a gay day :icon_bigg

#2 raspberry, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017