1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Just HAD to be awkward didn't I...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WeDreamOfPeace, Mar 27, 2017.

1. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So over the last however-long, despite religious and depression-related conditioning, I've become comfortable with being bisexual.

So, I've told nearly everyone I know, in different ways and over different times, that I'm a bisexual male. And everyone has been cool with it.

All that remains is to tell my semi-Christian semi-homophobic father that I'm bisexual.

As if THAT isn't awkward enough, I am still coming to terms with everything, e.g. my gender.

If I realize I'm pansexual (see other posts...), then do I have to run around everyone telling them I'm in fact pansexual not bisexual or not?

Should I wait until I know I'm bi-or-pansexual and know I'm cis-or-fluid-or-queergender to come out to my Dad and re-come-out to everyone?

Peace:eusa_doh:

2. Iamsolo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It seems you've jumped too deep into all the genders and sexuality's, if you've already told everyone you're bisexual then you realize you're pansexual then just leave it as bisexual, unless they explicitly say something like "Hey dude are you Bisexual?" then you'd respond with "I'm pansexual." HOWEVER, with homophobic sort of people people I strongly suggest being as simple as possible with them.

3. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I guess you're right man. Just totally overwhelmed with all this shizzle right now. Cheers for making me wake up for a few minutes though.

I tend to fall into the deep end... of everything... I just need to slow down and be less attached to labels.

4. ishyaboi

Yeah man, I know how it feels with sexual confusion, I identify as bisexual and alI, but predominantly I think I like boys more, don't get me wrong I'm attracted to girls too (I'm sure of it) but its not so potent. So don't beat yourself up over labels, because sometimes I've come out to one of my friends and said I'm gay (but stop and think, wait, aren't I bisexual?) Then I realize I said it because it was much easier, simpler and less complicated to saying that your gay, explanation wise, than bisexual. But, then I realize it doesn't really matter that much does it? :grin:

It does to some extent I guess, but they're just labels and you don't have to explain yourself to anyone.

So as long as you are aware and confident that you're pansexual, then please do correct them if they say you're any different, that's if you want too. However, if you are still unsure about yourself to know what your sexuality is, then don't say anything.

#4 ishyaboi, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  5. raspberry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Iamsolo - many straight cis people won't know the difference, and I think it's probably easiest to leave it unless someone directly asks you what your orientation is.

Re: gender, do you have LGBT+ friends who could help you explore your gender identity? I spent a while questioning my gender (I'm AMAB), and eventually came to the conclusion that I'm fem male.

I don't think you have to wait if you wanted to come out as bi now. You can always come out as trans later as well if you wanted to :slight_smile: