1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am ready to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaylor, Mar 29, 2017.

1. gaylor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I keep flip flopping, between being ready to come out and not ready. But i think i was able to dismiss my doubts once and or all. my thought process went something like this:

What I thought I was supposed to feel for guys and what I actually feel for the girls I like are two completely different things. When I was "straight" I always thought of guys in such a sexual manner. I realized that l never had truly wanted an emotional connection with a guy, it never felt natural. When I think about being with a women I see a deep emotional connection, totally different that what I could have with a guy.

I think this could be the thing that gets me over this last hump, the only thing holding me back is the chance that I could actually be straight. But I'm pretty convinced I wouldn't crave this type of relationship with a girl (and be so uninterested in men) if i were straight.

Do you think I'm ready to finally come out?

2. Najlen

Only you can decide when you're ready. You sound like you're pretty sure of yourself, and if you're in a good environment to come out there's no reason not to. You can always go with 'I like women' or 'I'm queer' or something if you're not ready to commit to a label. Coming out is pretty much always stressful and scary, but you can do it!

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the previous posters comments. Only you can decide when you are ready.

This is important in helping you to determine if you are gay/lesbian, but I noticed you didn't mention sexual thoughts for the same sex. You talked about a deep emotional connection, but you made no reference to sexual thoughts. Was this an oversight, or are you not having the sexual thoughts towards the same sex?