1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I still need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by keynote, Mar 31, 2017.

1. keynote

So as i said before in here i can't find a way to come out as trans to my family and i'm really scared of what will they think about me and i know my mother has an issue with transgender girls cause she insists they are boys and i am honestly tired of being treated as someone i'm not and being called as girl and to have to call myself as girl in public but maybe that won't change much.
    Like i want to feel more like a boy but i just keep feeling like crap cause everyone knows i'm "girl" and at the streets people recognize me as a girl and it sucks.
    i don't know what to do :frowning2:

If you have any advice that could help please comment and thank you for reading this

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    keynote...I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I'm not a good person to talk much about Trans issues...but I know there are EC members who are. Hopefully some one will respond to you soon. What I can say is that at your age and if your parents are as anti LGBTQ and especially anti Trans, you may have to find a way to hang on for a while. I'm not saying that you have to turn you back on who you are, but you may need to slowly try to educate you parents on LGBTQ & particularly trans issues for a while before you can come out to them. Think about what you can do to help them understand better!....David

3. keynote

Thank you so much ! i'm 19 which could help i don't know is my last high school year

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    keynote...Hey! Will you be moving away for a job or school soon? That could make things a lot easier for you...that is if you won't have to depend on your parents for support. You might try posting on the Gender and Sexual Identity Forum here on EC. Hopefully some other trans folks will see your post and give you some helpful suggestions....David

5. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you spoken to your parents at all about how you are feeling. I know you said your mum has some issues, has this come to light by you trying to talk to her?

6. keynote

Well i will still live with my mom but i honestly want to move out and yeah i think will post this in the Gender part.

I have never spoke to my parents about my feeling about this i just find it so hard and with my mom i got trust issues so no i have never really tried but she accepts lesbians and gays but i think she just have that type of persons in her mind and my dad went to a gay couple but i still don't know how to start a conversation about this