1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to out me at work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PokerfaceGAGA, Apr 21, 2009.

1. PokerfaceGAGA

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Tbh it doesn't so much worry me, its actually more of an amusing story.
    This girl at my work, who i have known for about 6 months, came over to me last night and was speaking away. She then turned round and was like everyone loves you at work, they all thing you're so nice, but some of them think you might be gay. She was like i told them you werent you are just a nice guy. Then asked me if i was straight, which i responded yes, with a huge lack of enthusiasim, as im at the point where i cant even be bothered trying to convince someone or not. She was like yeah i knew that and then repeated the same thing she said the first time, as if to put particular emphasis on it. To be honest, i actually dont think anyone at work did say that but that was her way of asking me. The funny thing is she came out as a lesbian last month, but instead of that making me see her in a more trustworthy light, it has done the opposite. Since then she's been pretty out there about everyones sexuality, as if to bring other people down/out with her.
    Im kinda at the point at work where when we people ask me, i either steer away from the question or give them a vague response, like i don't want to talk about my love life at work or something. I think a few people have their suspicion since i regularly flirt with this guy at work, but im quite glad that im at the point where im starting to be more sure about myself.

2. -Michael-

Just say something like "Why would that concern you?"

or

"Would it make a difference?"

3. Peter

Reply with something along the lines of "depends on who is asking..."