1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SO close to coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaylor, Apr 2, 2017.

1. gaylor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lately the urge to tell people is almost unbearable! Just in the last 2 days I have the perfect opportunity to just let my friends know. We were talking about people we know who have come out of the closet my friends were discussing how usually they already know when the person is closeted (*cough cough* me) the desire to just be honest was so strong, but I still worry about their reactions.

Coming out is terrifying even though i know nothing will likely change after coming out it is a huge step and there is no going back. I don't think I can do this for much longer, although the closet is very safe, I feel like I am constantly lying.

What was the final straw for anyone else, right before they just said "fuck it" and came out?

2. beewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My final straw was when my brother asked me what my "best friend" was up to these days. I told him she's living here with me. Because we're dating. Wanna come over for video games?