1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It gets better (LGBT friends - Encouragement for those in the closet)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by warrior452, Apr 3, 2017.

1. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've really struggled for the past few weeks. Doubting myself and people's acceptance. Feeling lonely.

I work two jobs, and tonight after asking for a bathroom break, I walked across the restaurant dining room and happened to notice a familiar face. It was a middle aged woman I work with at my other job. Her and I had hit it off - she is really laid back and easy going, and immediately welcomed me onto the job.

She waved at me. I walked over to the table. I knew very little about her personal life - I didn't realize she was gay.

She gestured to the woman sitting across from her, and introduced me to her partner and their two beautiful children. They were out for a family night.

We just made small talk for a minute and then I wished them a good night and headed for the bathroom.

It was such a small thing, but it lifted my spirits so much. The closet can be suffocating sometimes - and I know that although it gets better, sometimes even being out can be hard. But it's so refreshing to see solid, well-adjusted people like me are making it in the world. They found each other, and made a life together. They found love. It reminds me that there's hope, and it truly does get better.

No matter what, it does get better. Hang in there, you beautiful people.

Blessings xo