1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever feel like you messed up coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AlecF, Apr 4, 2017.

1. AlecF

AlecF Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Everyone,

So I've been out for 4 months now. Still no boyfriend, not really looking right now. But i keep lusting after beautiful girls. I don't want to sleep with them. I still exclusively fantasize about beautiful boys. I feel if I tell my parents this, it will make them think I'm a liar and my dad will be "right". Has anyone else ever experienced these feelings and how did you handle them? I still want to try it with a guy and I think I really would prefer to be with a guy but how long am I going to wait? Will I want to leave him when he's no longer beautiful? I feel so shallow with both sexes. I mean I'm a 5 looking at 8's and 9's lol.

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alec,

I've been following your story since you began posting here, and I know it continues to be a challenge to you in figuring out your sexuality.

You really don't need to worry about abandoning someone you love as they age because your sexual maturity will age along with you. Do straight people just up and leave their partner because they are no longer as "beautiful" as they once were? Not usually. As long as the love still exists, you will be fine.

As for lusting after beautiful girls, I think you should evaluate this "lust" carefully and really pay attention to your feelings here. Is it really lust that you're feeling when looking at a beautiful woman? I'm not suggesting that you aren't feeling true lust, but it's also easy to confuse and mislabel our feelings. I think that as you begin to explore with guys sexually, things will become even clearer than they are now.

You said you're not really looking for a boyfriend, which is perfectly fine. I would suggest you work on increasing your circle of friendships, especially with LGBT people. The more people you have around you, the greater likelihood that you will find that boyfriend.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: