1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what's going on...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xXHolic, Apr 21, 2009.

1. xXHolic

Well. this is not exactly a problem.. its something weird I wanted to share with you guys.. could it be just puberty? [IDK!]..:confused:

I noticed today that for the past 2 months or so I am somehow trying to do a makeover to myself subliminal (does that make sense??). I mean, I have been changing some things and overall I have changed like the 80% of facts that characterized me in the past..

I have changed my msn address and my mobile number, in order to avoid getting in touch with people I used to be friends with (not best friends, just chatting and goofing around mostly)
    Then, without understanding it, I started wearing clothes I once though they were like trash, I suddenly got over my ex bf (over 1,5 years together) for whom I had a crush for so long after we broke up and i got over a crush i had for someone str8 where i knew nothing could ever happen between us.. I cut my hair like really short "just to try something new" (that's what I said to myself when I did cut my hair), i rearranged my room, I started listening to other kinds of music (while writting this I'm listening to Grease OST lol) when I used to get high only by listening to epic metal..I also like questionned lots of things about myself, like my sexuality, my friends, how I spend my free time, my interests etc.. I even changed from being bored to death of working out to waking up in like 7am {as I dont have school right now} just to spend like 1 hour jogging and then working out..the way i react to my family and to everything has changed..it wont come as a surprise if i try to change the people I hang around with when i return to school..

I know those changes individually do not like say something in particular, but looking them all together.. I feel like my self is really pushing me to change, and I dont know why =/ As i said in the beginning, it could be just puberty.. Or I could finally be trying to become happier by getting rid of things that made me miserable in the past..

Idk what the hell is it, but it sure is weird...

am i even making my point clear?
    Is it natural? Or my body and mind are trying to make me realise some things? and what could be those be?

...all i know.. it that maybe i'm just happy:icon_wink and i try to convince myself I am not...

what do you think?

2. Just Adam

i think youve just decided f*ck this and have decided to shake things up try a new way to get out of the rut we all suffer after a while. if you find your more happy the way you are now go for it we all change things about ourselves just enjoy it

3. EM68

Teenagers go through changes all of the time. Its nothing new. When I was a teenager, I listened to 80's new wave music, then started listening to hard core music and went to shows. It sounds like what you are doing is not harmful and its good that you are working out. I would say just go with it. :slight_smile:

4. matty123

i wud agree, i wouldn't freak, i think that change is a good thing, especially the going jogging thing, and yeh a lot of the changes sound like positive ones, plus none of the changes are that permanent, just do whatever makes u happy, stuff why u do it!!

5. Greggers

These all seem like good changes! :slight_smile: (i mean honestly anyone who changes and starts listening to Grease must just be like a totally amazing guy)

It seems like your just getting more comfortable being you. None of these changes seem bad, and many seem positive. I would embrace it to the fullest extent and flaunt the new you :slight_smile: Be yourself, be proud, and be loud!

When i first accepeted my sexuality everyone started talking about how i changed, i only recently found out about this too. I didnt even notice it myself. I became more physical (hugging, petting, kissing, ect.) and much more social at get together and just day to day events. I started to work out and bike alot and lost quite alot of weight (gained much back since, sigh, but still). I kicked my fast food habits and started eating right. I payed attention to my hair, ect. ect. ect. Not going to bore everyone with another Greg moment :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Just wanted to express that this is quite normal :slight_smile:

BTW: Now im going to listen to Grease. Sha. :slight_smile:

6. Alex19

i think its just typical teenage stuff. nothing to worry about, really.

7. xXHolic

that's what I though too... but I was like shocked when I found out all these things :O

8. xequar

Oh, pfft, that's no big deal. Hell, I did a bunch of that stuff when I came out (at age 25). Sometimes you realize that you're not satisfied with life, so you take active steps to make improvements. I say good job. :slight_smile: