1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi I am new here im thinking of coming out im 21 I think my Dad will flip.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxxxx, Apr 21, 2009.

1. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi. What can I say Im 21 and my dad is very strict about things like gay and thinks they should not be on this earth. Kind of don't want to tell him for that reason alone! Until now Ive been living a lie by being with girls and telling people that I'm Interested in girl's. I'm also scared about telling certain friends about who I am I know people say if you tell your friend and they react badly then they are not your friend. I don't believe in that It's just they way that person has been brought up. I would just like to hear some of your coming out story's. :kiss:

2. Absentminded

I think you should just go for it and come out to the friends that matter the most to you. I found out who my real friends were when I did it. If they're really your friends, they'll accept you for who you are, and who you sleep/love shouldn't interfere with your friendship if they really care. If your dad is that strictly against gays, I wouldn't recommend coming out to him right away. Perhaps ease him into it, maybe get into a discussion, and ask something like "What if I were gay? Would you really hate your own son for loving someone?" or something like that.

Good luck with the coming out process.

My personal coming out process wasn't exactly easy, even though I was out from day one. But, when it came to my mother, I was forced out in a way, but at the same time slowly led out. At 13, I realized I was attracted to women, and at 14, my mum ended up reading some messages I'd sent to someone, and found out that I had an attraction to women. Then, April 11, 2008, when I was 15, after hitting a noticeable depression, my mum confronted me, and asked me what was up. This is basically how the conversation went:
    Mum: "What's been up with you, are you depressed?"
    Me: "Nah, I'm fine....just fine"
    Mum: "No you're not, you've been acting strange the past few weeks, and you've been really snippy, and I'm sick of it. What's up?"
    Me: "Just stuff...I don't wanna talk about it..."
    Mum: "Well, I do. What's on your mind?"
    Me: "Just stuff....I've been thinking about."
    Mum: "Does it have to do with your sexuality?"
    Me: "...Yeah..."
    Mum: "Let me guess. You're completely gay now..."
    Me: "Uh...yeah."
    Mum: "I'm never having grand kids. Great."

Needless to say, I got over it, and was more comfortable with coming out to people. Now I'm just too damn flamboyant for my own good.

#2 Absentminded, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  3. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for that I found that helpful and a great read! something for me to think about at the moment I just feel like going to another country and starting a new great gay life. Just wish thing's was that easy! Ive been thinking thing's through over and over in my head.

4. Bryan44

Hey, welcome to EC! I dont really have any coming out stories :frowning2: But I hope you enjoy your stay here.

5. EM68

6. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    cool Thank You! xx

7. Alex19

i was forced out by my parents. i made a thread about it that u can get to through my profile. but everyone else i told.

8. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you I will have a look at that. It's a amazing how people are so judge mental about gay people. It's just the way we are made It's like we have done something wrong! What the fuck. When I was born I did not make this big decision to be GAY!

9. Noah

They will understand in time, but keep reading and decide for yourself when the time is right.