1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do you Come Out As Transgender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RylanS, Apr 7, 2017.

1. RylanS

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always disliked my sex, and as of the last several years I have found myself wishing I was a young women instead of a young man. My family only thinks I am gay they do not know I am pan-sexual or how I feel about how I was born. I am fearful of what they would say if I told them how I felt about myself. I have a appointment coming up with a therapist on the 10th, and I am honestly extremely fearful of coming out to them, and my family. Does any one have any suggestion on how to approach this. I would be very thankful for any advice. :icon_sad:

#1 RylanS, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  2. Najlen

If you are ready and you feel that you are in a good position to do so, coming out is generally a good idea. Do you know whether your parents will accept you? It's really just like coming out as anything else, though you may have to answer more questions because the average person knows more about gay people than transgender people and those with less talked about sexualities.

3. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think it is important to wait. You don't have to come out if you feel uncomfortable doing so. The coming out process or journey is something that happens differently. Every person has a different individual story. Do you feel comfortable coming out? Is it stressing you out? Do you want to come out to get the stress out of your mind? Are there more negatives/cons than positives/pros? Can you handle a negative reaction? The answers to these questions should help you.

I wish you luck.

4. RylanS

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am guessing we cannot delete threads?

---------- Post added 8th Apr 2017 at 01:28 PM ----------

I find myself making several mistakes on this website, from blog posts to threads I cannot delete. I share way to much In dumb moments of desperation, and I cannot delete it. This thread was a mistake, I feel like a fool. Please if anyone has a solution to delete it, please tell me. :icon_sad: