1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Confused. (Again)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Roxas101, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alrighty....

Sorry for posting two things in one day - but they are (almost) completely unrelated and I reckon they deserve their own threads.

Here goes:

Me and one of my friends are organising a movie night for sunday, and i sent out a mass text message asking ppl if they wanted to go. Anyways, a little while later i get a reply from one of my friends, i reply, and so forth. Thing is - this was a pretty weird convo. I'll post it up for you.

Him: This sounds like one of those advertising things... Do we reply to those

Me: Of course you do! They might be selling something interesting...

Him: ... Are you suggesting something to me... ?

Me: You only wish... You going?

Him: Maybe... Whats in it for me...?

Me: Movies?

Him: I guess... But still... Whats in it for me?

Alrighty. That whole conversation thouroughly confused me. How about i give you some background info here and see if it makes more sense to you.

This guy is Aaron's (the guy i have a crush on at the moment) brother, and i used to have a really big crush on him about 6 months ago. I get the feeling he had a crush on me as well, we did a lot of stuff together that i wouldn't really define as normal 'friends' stuff. We had LOTS of sleepovers, and talked a LOT. We used to catch the same bus and always sat next to each other, we we're like, best of friends for a while.

Anyways, we also did a lot of 'innocent' touching - poking wars, tickling, occasional biting - i'm sure you get the deal. The funny thing though, is that the next time we saw each other, both of us would pretend liker nothing happened and the whole process would start over. It was INCREDIBLY frustrating for me to say the least... After a while i gave up on him and started crushing on his brother.

Since then, he's come out as being gay/bi. Well - at least he seems to have. Hes going out with a girl at the moment (???). I've got no idea whatsoever to make of this all, i'm hoping you guys have some clue.

Kaleb.

PS: Yes, there does seem to be a lot of guys who like me. It's really weird, i think its sitting at about 4 or 5 at the moment. I must just be special or something, or deluded.

2. KittyBoy

Well Kay I am going to say what I said last time.

I think that Aaron's brother is trying to tell you that he is interested in you, or that he likes you, and he is trying to show that through actions and sentences that mean other things to the original intention. However, that is what I think of the whole situation. But then there is the question, do you still have feelings for him?

3. Just Adam

i think hes interested too maybe say youll get the popcorn if he gets the drink sit next to each other.. its dark .. anyway lol, hes out no so he wouldent need to hide a relationship with you and if you like him sounds like you still do just cant do with beeing messed around ( same here ) try and talk to him about it privatelly, i think the private hug that lasts a little too long usually says a lot lol

4. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I likes it. ^_^

I really do get the feeling he likes me, i'm just completely useless in the "what do i do now?" part of it. I just don't know how to try and get it somewhere further. Any and all tips on ways to show i'm interested are welcomed!

Kaleb.

5. xequar

Double entrendre and/or innuendo. That's what I make of it.

I have a friend (a very cute friend that I'd probably be going after if I didn't have a boyfriend) that does stuff like that all the time. The trick to seeing what he meant is to play along and/or escalate. He asks what's in it for him? Suggest that maybe there's a special treat in it for him if he goes (you could mean anything from sex to you buying him a popcorn at that point). Innuendo is fun, so have fun with it.

Heck, that's how I confirmed that my friend was bi. After knowing him for a couple of years and always wondering if he was gay and closeted, enough innuendo double-entrendre laden conversations and a couple of more open coversations with other friends present finally got him to admit that (as he put it) the sex of the person doesn't matter.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Xequar's idea! If you're interested you should totally do the innuendo thing. You can go as far in is as you wish, and it leaves you with plausible deniability to get out if you ever get uncomfortable. There really is no manual for what to say in those situations.

You just need to be sure that you're still interested in him yourself, of course.

7. KittyBoy

Kay, I totally agree with Xequar, use the double entrendre and/or the sexual innuendo. When you find youself in that situation again just go along with it and, like Filip said, if you ever get uncomfortable with the way its going you have a peferctly plausable excuse to deny everything.