1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half of me is sabotaging coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lacie1, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Lacie1

For the past several weeks I have been preparing to come out to my parents at the end of this month. Overall I've felt pretty confident about doing it. The feelings of apprehension have been minimal. I've basically been like, "Let's do this shit!" Now this week I'm second guessing the whole darn thing and the focus I had to do it is slowly slipping away. I am assigned male and gender fluid. And there's no doubt that my boy side is the one trying to talk myself out of it. For the past several weeks I've felt more girl than boy. On the spectrum scale I was hovering in the 2 to 4 range for female. This week I'm bouncing between 5 and 8 for male. It sort of sucks because I was all set to do it. Now I just don't know. I'm heading to see my parents on the 26th. Maybe by then I'll be back to feeling like a girl and I can muster up the courage to do it. But if I feel like I feel now I seriously doubt I will. Has anybody dealt with anything similar? Just curious. Thanks