1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out again (or not)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by analogue, Apr 16, 2017.

1. analogue

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I'm not specifically looking for advice, but it is always welcome :slight_smile: I just need a place to get this out because I'm not sure how to bring it up with my (straight) friends.

I'm currently out to everyone (minus parents) as bi, but I've been back in the questioning stage for ~a month now. The short version, I am physically attracted to both women and men, however when it comes to dating and the possibility of sex, I am uncomfortable with the idea of doing that with a male. I am a virgin and have my first date (ever!) coming up this week (with a female).

I'd really like to come out as gay. But considering that I do have an interest in guys, it's not strictly true. I don't want to have to give up the possibility of dating a guy just yet. But bi just isn't the right term to describe it.

I know some of you may say "Why label it then?" For me, labelling is a way to keep things organized, and I like to be organized. I hate being confused, especially about my sexuality, as it is somewhat a defining part of me.

I've considered a label "biromantic lesbian" but (a) there are many people in my local LGBT+ community that would hate that (I've also got a few online contacts that are very "strict" about how the LGBT community should 'work') and (b) I'd feel obligated to explain it every time. I tried the term "queer" for a while, but that never really sat right with me either.

So to sum up, here's a ""biromantic lesbian"" who is out as bi, and is seemingly desperate to be gay.

Thanks for reading :smilewave

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From reading your post I agree that you seem to be a biromantic lesbian.

Considering how difficult life can be for our whole rainbow spectrum I wish that our fellow lgbt+ peeps were as accepting in real life as they are on this site.

I hope your date goes well