1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Feel Pathetic

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PlayMikePlay, Apr 23, 2009.

1. PlayMikePlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel pathetic that i've come to this. Everything around me sucks. I can't find anyone im interested in or find anyone i really enjoy.

As you can see I'm bi but im looking for a boyfriend. The past relationships were horrible.

I am trying to look for people outside of my town. Anyone have any tips or ideas to how to meet other people?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry to hear that your past relationships haven't worked out. (*hug*)

But hang in there. You will find someone with whom it will work out. Don't feel pathetic or that everything sucks. At times it takes a while but it can and will happen.

Take a bit of a break for a while. Try to make some new friends, get to know others better. Maybe you can try joining a social or support group either in your community or outside of it. That would be a good way to meet new people. Try to go to LGBT social events. Maybe you will find someone who you find interesting and can enjoy your time with.

Try not to rush into things though. It is often said that good things come to those who wait and take their time. Take your time in getting to someone. The more you get to know someone, the better you can judge as to whether it can or will work out.

Hang in there though and don't give up!

3. Jay

Jay

Hey Mike :slight_smile:

Part of your issue has to do with your age and social standing. If you're under 18, or 21, it might be harder to meet new people, however the best way to get a relationship, a REAL relationship, is to make new friends.

So if you're old enough to do clubbing, look up gay-friendly low-profile bars, one where the environment is somewhat better than the rest. Joining an LGBT group of your college or your community, or GSA in your high school, or even trying to bond more with your work teammates or coworkers.

You can also try dating sites online, however be extremely careful since most people there looks for one-night stands, so be very cautious and as Asteroid said, take your time. :slight_smile:

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When it comes to meeting other people, it can be pretty difficult if you're still underage or reliant on parents. I don't know how old you are, but if you're underage, there's a good chance that there's a gay youth group in your area or an area that you can get to, and that would definitely be worth checking out. If you're over 18, there are more oprtions open to you. As jede said, gay bars that come with good recommendations could be good, and there are often heaps of social groups for GLBT people - Google could probably get you a list.

5. Jim1454

Hey - attitude is everything!

Would YOU want to hang out with someone who felt pathetic and thought that everything around them sucked? Who didn't find ANYONE interesting?

Didn't think so.

So I'd say the first thing to work on is you. What's behind the negative thoughts and feelings? Because not having a boyfriend or a relationship shouldn't make EVERYTHING around you suck. There should be other things in your life that you feel good about, that you're proud of. There should be other people in your life too - not just potential boyfriends, but friends and family and coworkers that you enjoy spending time with.

But if there aren't any of those things, then you likely need to work on you first, and worry about a boyfriend later.

Again - not sure what the underlying problems might be. Have you thought of talking to a counsellor or therapist? I loved being able to go and talk to someone like that when I was feeling down and had little hope. He helped put things in perspective and point me down a path that was helpful.

You can always PM me if you wanted to chat more one on one. Good luck!

6. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What jim1454 said! He summed up what I was going to say. Just think positive because your first reaction to people could be your last if you carry on. If you need to talk. Talk to anybody here including me.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can find many things in the phone book, but love ain’t one of ‘em. I know it sucks, believe me, I’ve been single for years now. Keep on looking you never know where someone special might turn up.

:kiss: