1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking the plunge

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HerRainbow, Apr 19, 2017.

1. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been thinking about coming out to friends for a little while now. There are times when I don't see them much but generally we are a close group. I guess the biggest reason why I want to come out to them is because we are always pretty honest with each other. I feel like I'm always having to hide because I haven't told them and now I'm getting that familiar feeling of anxiety because I feel it's time to come out.

But I'm not really sure how I'd like to tell them. I considered coming out to my close friends in person but I'd be far too nervous for that. So I'm thinking of doing it in 2 stages: telling people I'm not that close to on Facebook then telling close friends in the same way.

I want it to give them a bit of background but try to keep everything as short as possible. And I want it to be somewhat light hearted too. So does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could say?

2. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Update: I wanted to wait until next week to tell friends but that didn't happen! I ended up telling most of them today (minus jokes! :lol:slight_smile:

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations HerRainbow!:thumbsup: I hope things went well with all of the friends you Came Out to!:slight_smile:

4. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! It will probably go down as the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done. But my friends have been supportive and I've had a been really positive reaction so far. I'm also seeing some of them in a few days so I'm sure I might get more reactions :icon_redf