1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This changes everything

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by abirdy, Apr 19, 2017.

1. abirdy

I know that i'm either gay or bi but I'm honestly not sure how I am supposed to embrace that when I just want things to stay the same. Its not that I wish I wasn't gay or anything but my life is at a good point right now and i really don't think saying that i'm a big ol' homo to my other friends and my parents will be a good idea. I'm sure they'll support me and honestly this is probably just me making up problems that I don't have, but I can't help but get the feeling that my life as I know it will never be the same. I'm just not sure whether thats a good thing or bad. I'd very much like it if someone could reassure me that my life will still be the same, but be honest pls.:eusa_doh:

2. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sure nothing should change, and if you being gay changes anyone's perception of you, they shouldn't be in your life.

Think of a situation like this, let's say you and I are good friends. One night we go to eat some ice cream. You get vanilla ice cream, and I get chocolate ice cream. Before this I didn't know that you liked vanilla ice cream, but now I do. I learned one small fact about you, but that shouldn't change how I feel about you. I liked you even though you liked vanilla ice cream before I even knew you liked it.

So if someone says something like "i will never think of you the same" just forget about them. You are a beautiful perfect human being. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

3. abirdy

Thanks that definitely helps (ps nice analogy and i would totally order vanilla ice cream)!:icon_bigg

4. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're right. Things will never be the same. You'll change into someone who is more honest and authentic with the people in your life. You'll stop censoring yourself and be more vulnerable with them. You'll stop hiding your true feelings and emotions with them. You'll finally feel free to be yourself.

That was my experience. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: