1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell my friends about my girl crush ??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by A unicorn, Apr 20, 2017.

1. A unicorn

Hello guys I have received help from many of you on how to act around my crush but now I need your help in sth else too. If I find the courage I'll tell my closest friends tomorrow about my girl crush and that I'm probably bi or at least not straight.. I have already told them today that I am dealing with some stuff and that it's not what they have in mind. I broke up with my boyfriend of three years a month ago and because we were usually breaking up and making up they would probably think it's bout him but I'm going to surprise them.. but how do I tell them?? Do I tell them that I happen to have a crush on a girl and because of that I believe I am into girls too? How are they not gonna be afraid of me? I have never been attracted to any of my friends ever ever ever so how will they not think that I see them that way too? How do I make our friendship stay exactly the same except them understanding that I may once in a while fall for a girl instead of a boy? And is it right to ask them for advice about what to do with my crush ? Or they would be too shocked to help me at this point ?
    I intend to ask my crush out for a walk near our neighborhood tomorrow if I find the courage and I am meeting my friends in the evening.. if my crush agrees to meet me would they react more judging towards me because it's already happening and it's not only in my mind ? Help guys and btw it's not that I look sexually at every girl I find attractive I just happened to have a crush and have been in a similar situation 2-3 times in the past too but I wasn't as eager as I am now. I am also a very girly girl who likes pink and acts cute most of the time so it's not that they would expect me to be different.. :dry:

2. lblubber

Hey there,
    It's hard telling your friends something like this especially when you build it up so much in your head. And I can't confess to having that much experience in stuff like this, I've never dated a girl (even though at this point I reckon I'm bi) but from the friends I have told, I realised that the scenario you create in your head is usually the worst case and that people actually don't mind so much. In terms of your friends being worried that you're attracted to them, I found that humour is always the best way to go. Something like 'not you though you're gross' even though it seems immature can often diffuse the tension without seeming desperate or awkward. I hope everything goes well on your walk!

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's true that you want to assure your close circle of friends that you're not going to hit on them. Like lblubber said, humor (heh I mean humour) works well here.

About another question, about asking them for advice... that would be great because then they are on your side. If you can phrase things right, that would be a big win. You sound like just a plain healthy bi girl who understands herself. Good luck!

#3 beenthrdonetht, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  4. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no reason for your friends to be afraid of you. If it goes well with your friends i would suggest asking them about your crush as they'll feel included.

I don't see that they should be judging because you've been brave enough to ask her out.

I wish I could help you out more but I've never had friends to come out to. I've always been a bit of a loner and the couple of friends I do have knew straight away as I was out at work.

Let us know how it goes on both counts. Good luck with your crush.

5. A unicorn

Update about the date : Finally I have some news So I started the conversation by sending her a song I sang . She said that she generally likes this song and liked my voice a lot too we both used emojis and talked a little. And in the end I told her Going for a walk by the sea port next to our neighborhood to walk my dog.. And she said that she is unfortunately out of town and that next time for sure with a winky face is this good news?? I knew that she may still be out of town but I preferred to not ask her that before asking her out.. (I posted this under another post too)

#5 A unicorn, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  6. A unicorn

I am finally out to my closest friends and they took it very well. I talked to them about the 2-3 girls I liked in the past and about my current crush which was the reason why I felt it was important for them to know!! I feel so happier now and I'm just waiting to see what is going to happen with the girl I like without having to worry about what my friends will think of the situation anymore

7. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (!)(!!):thewave:

Yay you!