1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I or how should I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WeDreamOfPeace, Apr 22, 2017.

1. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey beautiful souls of EC

So I'm just going to cut straight to the chase - having become comfortable with the idea that I'm in fact a woman, and am bi/panromantic, I feel like I'm lying more and more as I try and be comfortable as myself whilst keeping up a straight, cis male existence around everyone I know. It is hurting me to lie, especially as every time I show the slightest bit of femininity I get laughter from every man around me.

I'm under the legal age where I can get my own place in the UK, have no self-suffiency, and very few friends. I live with my single father, who is sort-of-Christian, and can be mildly prejudiced against LGBT+ people such as bisexuals and transexuals. Now, I own not a single item of female clothing. I have very little money of my own, and little privacy.

Questions I have are... should I come out to my father and everyone around me, or keep stealth for now?

Should I wait until I've chosen a name?

Should I mention my gender and sexuality at the same time, or separately? If separately, which first?

Thankyou all!(*hug*)(*hug*):help:

2. grass

grass Guest

You might be able to pull some femenine stuff off if you tell him you're bi, because that's more accepted than being trans. First, test the waters by getting your ears pierced or something little.

3. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not too bad an idea.

When I mention transgenderism in a general context, he mostly just goes quiet. I seem to get cross-examined a lot less since he accepted my atheism/agnosticism :slight_smile: He'd probably accept me, it's just finding the guts to accepting myself that's though.

4. Chronos

Chronos Guest

Well if you need a name, I've always loved the name Skyler.
    I hope you end up happy however you decide to spend your life :3