1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find relatable storie

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PoppyWoppy, Apr 25, 2017.

1. PoppyWoppy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! I'm 15 gay and in the closet I'd love to come out publicly but can't seem to find any other people's stories of being publicly out so young, do people really come out at my age? If you have a story of coming out in your teens or know where I could find some I'd be really thankful
    Lots of <3
    K

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think your age makes such a big difference. The big thing is you and your friends level of maturity.
    The only stories of young people in Ireland is a friend of my nephew's in Limerick and the child of friend of mine here in Dublin.
    When the friend of my nephew came out nothing changed for him. He still hangs out with the sane crowd. Goes to the same sports events and parties. The only thing that changed for him was he will now 'chat someone up' at his friends parties!
    My friend's kid here in Dublin had a similar experience.
    When I was campaigning for the marriage referendum a woman came into the local campaign office looking 'YES' bunting etc., she decided to throw a coming out party for her son that came out to her that morning.
    As you are based in Dublin you might try contacting 'belongto'. They are a support group for younger LGBT people in Ireland. They are based in Parliament st. in the city center. Their website is really good as well. (it has a quick escape 'button' if you don't want to be caught looking at the site).

Best of luck! (*hug*)

3. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my best friends (male) came out when we where 14 and I don't think anyone had any doubt or said that he was to young to know, might have been because we all saw it coming.
    I live in an environment with many gay men and I think most of them came out when they were very young, I don't think it's a problem at all as long as you've accepted yourself and you are confident enough to tell people. If you feel like many of your friends and family might not be accepting, it might be better to wait until you are a little more independent.

Good luck to you :slight_smile: