1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Strange, But Quite Good String Of Events

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kettleoffish, Apr 25, 2009.

1. kettleoffish

*I don't really know if this should be in this section, but I suppose I am looking for advice really. Mods feel free to move it if I've put it in the wrong place.*

Okay, so for a long time nothing's really been happening on the whole relationships front, I've been single my whole life, and I've never kissed anyone or anything really. Pretty much out of the blue, a friend of mine said that she had a gay friend from outside of school. As the only openly homosexual student at my school, I was keen to get to know him, just for some like-minded company really.

We were IMing yesterday and he asked me if I wanted to try the whole 'boyfriend' thing. I said yes, so now I have a boyfriend. I'm pretty excited about it to be honest, we're texting right now actually.

Last night, I got a message on Facebook from my (lesbian) cousin asking if I wanted to go to some gay clubs with her to see what's going on sometime soon, and she'll get me a fake ID for it (she's a bit older, and married - well Civil Partnership, you know). Again I'm pretty excited because I love my cousin but I don't get to see her all that often - she lives a fair distance away.

Really, I'm just wanting opinions on what I should do next, should I take this guy clubbing with me? (my cousin would definitely be cool with that) Or should I take things a bit slowly? Basically I'm sort of looking for a Relationship 101 really... I've never been in one before.. I'm just a bit confused really is all.

2. Jay

Jay

I feel the only advice I can give you is to don't rush things.

I feel your anxiety of being in a relationship, I'm 18 and never been in a relationship either, or kissed anyone as well. I feel that you're getting ahead of yourself--trying the "boyfriend" thing with a guy you barely even know?

Try meeting him first. Real relationships are built overtime, meet him, get to know him, be friends for a while, and if things go alright, then ask him again about being in a relationship.

About going clubbing, yeah take him, but I'd talk to him first, because you must feel something for someone in a relationship, unless he wants just a one night stand. Go with him, have fun as friends, and see what happens. By the way, how old is he?

Also, getting a fake ID is dangerous. Do you look 18, or do you look 15? I am not trying to discourage it, but if you can get into trouble, avoid those situations. I know it's hard and I know it's somewhat unfair, but you need to understand your safety comes first in terms of relationships and in terms of your personal life.

Again, it is not to discourage and bring you down, no it isn't. It's because I care about everyone here, including you, because you all have helped me a lot. So please take things slow. And try to put a smile in your face and in your soul.

3. kettleoffish

Thanks for the advice. You're probably right that I'm rushing things, but we did agree that we're only really giving it a go, I know he's not looking for a one night stand scenario, that's for sure, we're both in much the same situation - The only gay in our respective villages, so to speak (yay Little Britain). Neither of us have had a boyfriend before, so we're going to take things slow.

As for getting a Fake ID and whatnot, people often think that I am 18, the actual ID is only a just-in-case type thing; I shouldn't need it.

Thanks again.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! You are only 15, and there is nothing wrong with not having had a relationship thus far. I think you are rushing into something, into which you shouldn't be rushing.

For a relationship to develop it takes time. Ask yourself, 'how much do I actually know about this guy?' Try to be his friend first. Try to get to know him first. Invite him over, go out for a movie, to the arcade, have a bite to eat with him. I think it would be important that you see if there is actually anything that will allow you guys to be in a relationship and hold you together as it were. The only way you will be able to find that out is by taking it slow!

It is exciting and it's something new, but by rushing into things, you are potentially setting yourself up for a hard emotional downfall. And why would you want to do that?

As for going to clubs with fake id's: not a good idea. At 15, you shouldn't be going to clubs. There are things you can do with your friend besides clubbing. There are other ways to meet gay youth around your age too.

Give it some thought. Try to enjoy his company and friendship first before deciding whether you want to be his boyfriend. Relationships take time to develop.

I hope this helps!

5. jacobkwilson2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i was in your situation recently, and I rushed in and couldn't be happier. me and my first BF are super happy together, and it's been the best 3 months of my life. Go for it, have fun, and remember that these are the things you'll remember on your death bed.

I wish you all the luck in the world, and if you're even half as happy as me and *, you'll be on top of the fucking world.

Well done, it's nice to feel like you've caught up with all your friends and like it's finally your turn now, isn't it?

xXx :slight_smile:

6. kettleoffish

It does feel nice actually. I think in this case the risk has paid off, he's really sweet and cute, thank you for your advice anyway, and for the fantastic advice you have given me in the past (when I was posting anonymously).

Thanks everyone!