1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Worries (Bi)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mia C, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone,

thanks for all your support. Ever since I've signed up here, I feel like I've come so much further accepting me & my sexuality! :slight_smile:

I'm actually considering to start coming out slowly. So far only my boyfriend and best friend know I'm bi. I'm just really nervous about telling my female friends about this. I (obviously) enjoy hanging out with girls in a normal, platonic way and I'm scared that girls will be less relaxed around me if they know I'm attracted to women. It's so uncomplicated when everyone thinks I'm straight, you can be physical and comfy around each other and it's not like I fancy anyone of these people...

Help? :slight_smile:
    <3 -M

2. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so great that you were able to accept yourself :slight_smile:

yeah I totally get that! that's one of my worries too because even though people might be accepting, I'm scared they'll see me differently or act differently around me (even if it's unconciously). so I can't really help you but I've heard a lot of people on here say that's actually not the case and that people get that you're not attracted to everyone, all the time.

3. Chronos

Chronos Guest

That's how I felt, coming from a fellow shy bi guy :wink: , some of my friends did, but the ones I really cared about stuck with me. Some of my friends even came out to me :slight_smile:

So just go out there! Wish you the best of luck! :thumbsup:

4. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you guys so much for your replies. God, this is all so nerve-wrecking :-D I just moved to a new city, so don't have so many friends yet and get really scared to risk the friendships that are just building up. But your two Messages Gave me hope :slight_smile: it's so cool some friends actually Came out to you as well, Chronos! :slight_smile:

5. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If anybody is "scared" of you because you're bi, then they're homophobic. If they think you're hitting on them and are not interested, they can always say no... If you feel there's a misunderstanding, you can clear things up, too. Also I think they'll get to know you better and get used to the way you move around them, so they'll be able to tell the difference between "just friendly" and attracted.

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I can totally sympathise, when I first wanted to come out I was really worried that all of my friends would think that I was looking at them differently and checking them out but nothing changed so try not to worry.

7. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah was worried about telling my male friends I was bi for fear that they'd think I was into them. Nope, they barely raised an eyebrow.

Damn, almost anti-climactic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wonder how they'll react to me being a woman...

Peace & blessings

8. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everybody,
    god, thank you so much for all your replies. You made me feel so much better.

I actually went out to a party and the craziest thing happened: My friend came out to me as bi :grin: It was so odd, I got to be the 'me too'-person & it was just a really lovely moment and now I'm out to 3 people so things are going somewhere. Slowly but surely.

Thank you so much for all your reassurance. It felt really nice to know I am not alone with my feelings and I wish all of you the best on your own journeys!

WeDreamOfPeace, I wish you all the best coming out, too! Your friends sound pretty great and I'm sure they'll love you as a woman just as much :slight_smile:

Sleep well, everyone
    -Mia

9. I am here

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the longest time only my ex husband and best friend knew, i was stuck and couldn't break out of the closet any more than that. I slowly, just casually told people and each one of my friends were so cool about it and not at all surprised. It has made no difference to my relationships with them, nobody assumed i was attracted to them or anything. There was nothing but acceptance and support. After telling each one it became easier and easier until it got to a point where it was no big deal and I'm out to pretty much everyone now.
    Take it slow and you'll get there. It really is freeing once you're out to more people.

#9 I am here, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
  10. Brigianna

I totally get you :slight_smile: I would scared to say to everyone. However if I met someone I truly deeply like, I probably would risk and say to her. No pain, no gain :slight_smile: