1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello First time post

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Blondie, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Blondie

Blondie Guest

Hello

I have been having some Issues with my self its really draggin me down to the point that I am cry alot my doc only treats me with risperdone right now but thats not the point I've been in denaile I think that I am gay I know theres really no test but feel like talking to my doctor bout this I think he may help

any thoughts?:icon_sad:

2. matty123

well if it is what is getting you down then it helps to have someone you can talk to about it, but remember that u don't have to stick a label on yourself right away, if your not sure, then just say your not sure, there are loads of people here who have been, or are going through similar, so your not alone.

3. Mickey

Maybe your Dr. can refer you to a therapist to talk to.
    Coming to terms with your sexuality is often hard. But,like was said,take your time and
    don't put a label on yourself. I think it's even more confusing when you're young.( though it happens,no matter what someones age).
    I'm glad you found EC. There are people here,going through ,or have been through,what you are. It's okay. We are here for you.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to EC! You have come to the right place. :slight_smile:

Coming to terms with your sexual identity and truly feeling comfortable about yourself, can take a while. Seeing a counselor/therapist might help you to figure a few things out. Are you in school? If so, maybe try seeing a counselor there. If not, or if your school does not have counseling services, then maybe (and as Mickey indicated) ask you doctor if he/she could refer you to one. Of course, also talk with your doctor about it, and it is causing you some stress. Talking about your feelings will help you to understand them better and come to terms with them.

Educate yourself about your sexual identity. There are a lot of good online information sites that have information on sexual identities. At this stage, education is key.

Another thing you could try (and that is only if you are comfortable with it at this stage) is joining a LGBT support group in your community and/or school. Talking with others who have gone through what you are experiencing can help in making sense of your feelings and understanding them.

Maybe try not to label yourself at things point. Sexual identities are fluid, and they can change over time. Try to take it slow and take your time in figuring things out. There is no rush.

Spend some time here on EC! Try to get to know a few members. Read some of the support threads and go through some of the resources, which I'm sure will help you as well.

I hope this helps a bit!

5. jacobkwilson2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't need to have a sexuality hun. You can fall in love with anyone, that much I know to be true.

And as for who you want to have sex with, just see, when the time's right, whether or not you feel like you want to. If you wanna have sex with some guy, and he does too, go for it, and the same with women.

You wouldn't go round shouting where you wanna put your dick, you don't need to go around branding yourself with a sexuality. you're you, and that's that.

There are so many more important things than sexuality...

Good luck hun, and I hope you feel better soon. Nobody finds it easy to discover themselves.

PS Remember - you're not going to suddenly change who you are if you do realise you're gay. If tomorrow you realise you're gay, you'll still have been gay today, yesterday and last week... You're the same person you always were... You just know it a little better now.

If you wanna talk, feel free to PM me hunny

Good luck again, and hope ur fine soon xXx :slight_smile:

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you talk to your doctor about other issues you've been having that are hurting you? If so, I think you should definitely mention that you're questioning your sexuality. As a couple of people hae already suggested, I think asking to be referred to a therapist or counsellor (if you're not already seeing one) would be a great idea, it can really help to have someone to talk to about everything that's worrying you.

7. Blondie

Blondie Guest

I will be see a tharipist sorry bout the spelling friday but for the most part sex with a women doesnt feel right with me yes Ive tried but if Iam not true to myself its just going to continue hurting me

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think talking with a therapist/counselor is a step in the right direction. Try to be as honest and open as possible with your therapist. The more open you are the more your therapist will be able to help you.

Accepting your sexual identity will take some time. But talking about your feelings/thoughts and expereinces will definitely help you. You already have one clue in figuring your sexual identity out. Remember that we do can have different levels of attachment to different people. Over time, you will figure it all out. Take your time in figuring things out.

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well hi and welcome.

I know how you feel being unsure of your sexuality. I know how empty, confused, and angry you can be with yourself. I delt with it for years before accepting myself for who I am.

The best thing I can tell you is to ask questions:

Do you find men attractive? Don't tip toe around the question, or make excuses. And know that there is NOTHING wrong with being attracted to the same sex.

Am I confortable with being gay? If you answer no then ask yourself why?

Accepting yourself is not easy, especially if you are different, society tends to treat different people as lepers. But know that you're not alone, it might feel that way, but you're really not.
    Keep coming back here, post stuff and read other people's posts. You'll find this to be a warm and safe haven.

Good luck out there

:icon_wink

10. Blondie

Blondie Guest

Well after talking to my therapist I've come out I am gay will continue to talk I've not been in any reletionships in a long time but want one

(!)