1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about coming out this weekend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chloe123, May 1, 2017.

1. Chloe123

Chloe123 Guest

This weekend I'm going to be away on a hiking expedition for DofE (if you don't know what that is you're probably just like "WTF", but just go with it).
    We're going to be outside for two days, walking for six hours each day, then camping together.
    There's lots of time to talk.

If you don't know I'm MTF Trans. Currently not out to anybody. When I come out however, these friends will be the first to know, before even my closest family.
    I'm thinking if I should just go for it. Come out. But I'm scared. It might ruin these friendships. They're all boys. How would they react finding out their friend is a girl?
    One friend in particular, called Louis is one of my best friends. I would trust him with my life to handle it well, to keep my secret. He would be the first I would come out to.
    The problem is that I'm just too scared. This would ruin me if I came out. My friends would vanish. My family would never look at my me in the same way.
    I'll see what happens. But if anybody has any advice on coming out then I'll really REALLY appreciate it. It needs to happen at some point. But I'll just have to see when that point is.
    Bye. And thanks for reading.
    Samantha

2. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Samantha, I guess you can only come out when your comfortable and when you think it's the right time. I would probably start by telling someone that you can really trust. That will help you to feel more comfortable telling other people. Then you can slowly tell other people.