1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Friend Who Seems To Like Many...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BitterEdge, Apr 26, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

So last night after a party my friend had us wait to some guy he met of craigslist aka a hookup to make sure he didn't get raped or worse. He is always hooking up with new guys and this one tonight he hadn't even seen a photo nor knew his name. It was awkward. I am sick of him bringing my friends through these meetups, its purely for sex, it should be done without us.

Love him, but this bothers me. What should I say to him?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You should tell your friend that what he's doing is endangering his life and that you refuse to be a part of that "scene" anymore. Its not only the dangers of meeting strangers on the internet but having promiscuous sex is likely to be dangerous to his health as well.

3. littledinosaurs

Tell your friend that you aren't gonna baby sit him while he has sex and that you're not his pimp. If he wants to have random hook ups he needs to be more responsible about it and if he's afraid of being raped or worse then maybe he shouldn't put himself in that kind of situation. What if he does get raped and the rapist has a gun and you guys end up getting hurt/killed, how would he feel?

4. careandrespect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    BitterEdge,

The best thing I can say is to have a talk alone with him and share how these meet-ups bother you. Make sure that you mention to him that the main reason why you say this is because you are concerned for his own safety, not only physically but his emotional well-being as well. Be open and honest in telling that you do care about him and make him aware of the fact that you do not want to see anything happen to him.

I also believe, that he may be engaging in this behavior because inside he may feel that this is the only way to meet someone. He needs to made aware of the fact that this is not the only option he has.

We all need someone that cares about us and that we can trust, however when this "relationship" is just to satisfy our sexual hunger it will never last and both people are hurt.

Be there for him to help and support him.

careandrespect.

5. EM68

You need to talk to him. Tell him that you care for him and what he is doing is unhealthy and you are not willing to drive him around and wait for him while he has sex. The fact that you are waiting for him while he hooks up shows it's not a good situation. Like Becky said not only his physical safety but his health is at risk. I assume you are not in the room while they go at it. Since this is the case there won't be much you can do to stop someone from raping him if they wanted to. Remind him that Craiglist hook ups are not safe. The ads on there are not screened at all. Look at what happened in Boston with the Craiglist Killer.

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Oh I know. And what bothers me is having been raped before, it pains me to see him do this to himself.

7. EM68

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. This is even more reason you need to tell him. Let him know that you are looking for his best interest.

8. Jim1454

You need to tell your friend that he needs to be more responsible. If he's not willing to be more responsible and stop these hook ups, then he'll have to face the consequences alone.

9. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I did tell him and apparently wants to stop being friends. he isn't gonna change and I pity him a bit.

10. EM68

Sorry to hear that.You can keep you head high that you told him your concerns.