1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lizz10, May 3, 2017.

1. Lizz10

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm scared about coming out to my parents a) because they still have a major influence on my life and I still depend on them for almost everything, if it goes wrong I don't know what I'd do and b) because being non-binary is still debated on as being an actual gender, I don't want to be put in a situation where I come out and everyone denies that as a gender, this happened with some friends a few weeks ago, so I'm absolutely terrified but I also really want to come out to them as because I'm gender fluid I want stereotypical girl things like make up, skirts and dresses and high heels, when all I have at the moment is stereotypical boy stuff, which makes me feel sorta restricted.:help:

2. Lacayda

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know you parents best. Are they consevative? What do they think of LGBT issues in general? How do they react if they see an LGBT character in a movie? How did they grow up?

You never know for sure how your parents will react but it might be a good idea to find out if your parents are kin of homophobic or not. If not, go for it. If they are, take it slowly, one step at a time.

3. Lizz10

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, thanks, it's just bringing it up, how do I bring up what do you think of non-binary genders in a conversation?