1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by APJ98, May 7, 2017.

1. APJ98

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My dad is highly anti-LGBT+ (thanks to a tumblr post I tend to say SAGA instead), and my mom is only ok with me dating a girl, not the hint I dropped about being genderfluid. Dad figures it's great I'm Demisexual, but otherwise would be unsupportive. I don't know what to do. My dad has given me panic attacks when he starts talking about it because "they're all attention seeking" and I'll just end it there. Please help.

2. YinYang

Honestly, I don't think you should come out to them unless you feel like it'd be safe to do so. You don't have to come out to your parents if you don't want to, and it's 100% ok to stay in the closet until you move out.

3. APJ98

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My dad saw me bind one day and now thinks I'm trying to be a kid again. He doesn't know and I can't tell him.

4. APJ98

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to be moving into a religious based college. And I'm going to have to travel for the church for a year and a half. So that's a minimum of 5.5 years hiding who I am even after I move out. I don't know if I can I do it.