1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Most Girls are bi."

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mia C, May 7, 2017.

1. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ... is what I got told after coming out to a friend a few weeks ago. What do you think about that? I feel like it's true that a lot of girls go through a Phase where they wanna try kissing a girl - but thats it. I dont think Most Girls are actually equally attracted to guys and girls and feel they have the same potential being with a girl... right?

I havent come out to a lot of people and hearing this felt kind of crappy...:icon_sad:

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had a bi phase. I never wanted to kiss a guy.

I think that a lot of bi peeps don't necessarily have a 50/50 split for attraction to both genders.

I think women in general are more likely to be open about their experiences.

3. Iliricon

I have heard people say, everybody is bi, all girls are bi and other variations thereoff. Some people seem to genuinly believe this (I like to ask the if they themselves are, which can lead to a variety of funny responses), others use it to dismiss your coming out as unimportant. I tend to believe, that a lot of people (also guys!) are far more sexually fluid then they like to admit, but I don't think that even the majority is bi. Maybe a fourth or a fifth? Also, I don't think that that is any reason to dismiss a coming out!

Why do you feel crappy now? Is it because someone dismissed this important moment with an off hand comment? I'd say "Screw that person!" Your orientation is valid, even if everybody else is basically the same, you still had the guts to come out. Which means you rock ;-)

4. SarahLee

I'm old but I've been lesbian all my life and I always knew it. I didn't come out and still haven't to anyone but a couple of lesbian friends. I can tell you that even though I married a man, I wasn't bi. I was lesbian. I loved women. I was turned on by women and I still am. If men don't make you feel butterflies but women do...you're lesbian. Everyone always has thought I'm completely 100% hetero. They are completely 100% wrong. If you only think of women and only want to be with women, you're lesbian. Embrace it and go for it, girl! I wish I had done that years ago!

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not actual bisexuality, It's curious experimentation that straight girls do. Almost none of them would seriously date another girl.

Just a way to write people off.

6. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, my friend thinks female parts are ugly and has never considered nor has she ever kissed a girl.

And this is a friend who has told me about the penises of her ex's :grin:

7. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it depends on the context it was said in. If it was said more or less after you told your friend then it was dismissive. But if it was said after a conversation then perhaps it was more in support.

8. Lea Bea

Maybe he or she didn't mean to say it in a mean way. Bisexuals are constantly being stereotyped because a lot of straight girls like to experiment with other girls but would never date one. After my first experience with a female I felt a deeper connection with her than I would with any man. So at this point in time, I'm more attracted to females than males. I honestly don't think anyone who is bisexual is equally attracted to both sexes. That's just my opinion though.

9. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This person's definition of bisexual could have been "Anyone who has had a girl crush."

Now, I would have to educate that person about the "real" meaning, but he or she could always come back with "Well that's what it means to me!" Can't do much with that.

But still, I do sympathize with OP, it is still a real leap each time for her. Being dismissed is as bad as being erased.

10. theladyinblack

Tbh, my whole life I've considered myself 100% into guys, 0% into girls, but lately after a breakuo I've been doing what you said. I've kissed two girls, fingered one, gotten fingered by one. But it's not serious. It's just experimenting. It's fun enough but I can already tell it's not for me. I'll always end up with a guy, never a girl.

11. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone, Thank you for all your nice words. It felt really good to hear about all your opinions & Experiences. I wasnt quite sure why i felt the way i did in the beginning, but I think I get it now and that makes it a little Easier to go against it emotionally.
    Thank you all
    -M

12. Lackey

I'm pretty sure lesbians aren't bi and are into women.

I'm pretty sure straight girls aren't bi and are into men.

I'm straight and I have never been attracted to another woman nor had a desire to experiment. I've heard some straight girls might experiment though.