1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I avoid doubting my sexuality when other people doubt it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tre, May 8, 2017.

1. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've had terrible experiences with coming out. Since I look feminine and soft to people, people don't take my sexuality seriously. Since I have pretty bad OCD tendencies in general, I ended up getting some pretty bad HOCD. My HOCD is better, but I think that's because I've been staying mostly closeted. If I do have to come out, how can I cope with idiots who think I'm some curious straight girl?

2. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, i'm sorry to hear people have not been taking your Sexuality seriously. That's not okay. No matter what they think fits to their Image of you and no matter what you look like. There's no one look that makes you gay or straight. There's no reason you can't be soft and feminine and Embrace that as much as you like and also like girls at the same time. This has literally nothing to Do with eachother. It only shows the Poor stereotyped minds of the other people.

What's Important in the end is that you take yourself seriously. You know you're not going through a Phase and that your looks don't make you like guys. And that's what counts! Are there maybe any LGBT events/Centers where you can meet other LGBT people Who maybe also dont look like the unreflected expectation? :slight_smile:

3. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Our society and media has fooled people into thinking that you have to look or be a certain way to be gay (e.g. to be gay you can't be masculine or to be lesbian you have to look like k.d. lang). It is unfortunate, but some people actually believe this. They don't know that sexuality is fluid, and never fits into a strict binary.
    I know it's difficult but just forget about those kinds of people! Sexuality is so fluid and there's a huge variety of different kinds of people with different identities!