1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Becoming more accepting...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mbmyy, May 9, 2017.

1. Mbmyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I made a thread like two months back speaking about my sexuality and how I felt I could still be straight or whatever. I'm not. I'm bisexual at least, very well could be gay. I find men attractive, I'm sexually attracted to men, I mean come on. I made baby steps and I told someone (an online friend, not the same as in real life yes, but baby steps!) and I feel a lot better now! I wish I could shout out to the entire world that I'm not straight, but I'm still scared. I'm 16 years old, should I be telling people? Is there a rush? I'm anxious...:eusa_doh:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is no rush to tell anybody. Coming out is all on your terms. i would take some time to be sure that you are bisexual before you do tell others. Also, I would make sure that those around you will be accepting before you come out.

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As BradTheCat said there is no need to rush, take your time. Being more comfortable with your self is the most important thing.
    BTW 'Questioning' or 'just not straight' are perfectly acceptable sexual orientations.
    ....and there would be something wrong with you if you weren't scared and anxious. So relax, take your time and only do it when it feels right.

4. novena

There's no rush at all but if you feel like coming out is the right option for you then there's no point in delaying it either. Just do whatever feels right to you on your terms but make sure to stay safe and don't come out unless out know you'll be safe.