1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting conversation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starshine16, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Starshine16

So may dad and I were talking a few days ago and we were talking about this dinner that he and my mother won for three couples and I said that I should get an invitation because I was their kid and my dad told me to bring my boyfriend and my response was that I didn't have one.Then he said okay bring your girlfriend to dinner with us.I told him I didn't have one.He said okay,just know that your mother and I would be happy if you had a girlfriend or a boyfriend.We just want you to find someone amazing because you deserve it.

I found that response from my dad very interesting.

2. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hooray for dad.

3. Greggers

Are you out to him yet?

If your not out to him and this is what hes saying to you, sounds like he might suspect and just wants you to know hes ok with whatever :slight_smile:

4. Starshine16

Nope not out to him yet,but this reaction gets me closer to being out.

5. Greggers

I would go for it. He must know something is up, people dont tend to go to that type of topic in general conversation unless they do. From the sounds of it you should no little / no problem coming out to someone who at the end of the day just wants you to be happy :slight_smile:

6. Starshine16

It doesn't sound like I'll have to many issues with him when I do come out to him which is a huge relief.His side of the family is EXTREMELY conservative.

7. epiphanies

That's very exciting. It is odd that he brought that up since you haven't come out to him yet, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

8. Starshine16

I found it odd too.I have been very careful about not talking incessantly about this girl that I am crazy about because I didn't want them to get any ideas before I was ready to tell them.I mention her every once and awhile,but that's it.

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's amazing! I think he might have his suspicions, this sounds like he's trying to reassure you that you can come out to him without fear.