1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there LGBT legal aid?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mysteria, May 12, 2017.

1. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Is anyone aware of any organizations that offer LGBT legal aid? I would like to talk to someone about how my coming out would affect my DHS case and my custody rights in the divorce. I have a lawyer for the DHS stuff but I can't get ahold of her, she's pretty much useless.

2. Adhafera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello Kunoichi,

The national center for lesbian rights (Legal Help - National Center for Lesbian Rights) has a legal help line and can also be contacted by email.
    Lambda Legal's help desk (Legal Help Desk | Lambda Legal) can discuss your situation with you and provide information.

These two sites: Legal Assistance - LGBT Bar Association of DC and https://www.jimadler.com/law-resources-for-the-lgbt-community/ list LGBT legal resources.

I don't know how helpful this is as I'm not familiar with any of these organizations​ (I found them doing a quick google search) or with your situation.
    Hopefully EC members who are better equipped to answer your questions will be able to weigh in.

Best of luck for your case, I hope everything goes well! :slight_smile: