1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to Crack

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Roxas101, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone!

I'm having a problem here. Well, not a problem per se but more of a... dilemna?

It appears that despite all of my best efforts people have begun to start suspecting my non-straightness. :confused:

Ever since i came on here I've been starting too.... slip? Yeah, that's about a good a word as any. I've been a lot less careful about concelaing my gayness in front of and around people. All of my friends have noticed that i've been a bit out of sorts, and have been a little worried about me recently.

Anyways, too cut a long story short - i've had several incidents recently where people have either out right voiced their suspicions of me being gay or have alluded to it. I haven't gone around denying it, but i haven't confirmed it either.

I know i'm at a point now where i could handle being out. I am confident enough in myself and in my friends that i know i would suffer little to no consequences for it. I'm just not sure i want to do it quite yet... i've been putting it off and hiding for so long that the whole concept scares me.

A few weeks ago i talked to one of my friends, and we made a plan to tell everybody at school. I chickened out of it. I had some mixed feelings about that - i was kinda scared, but also oddly... excited? does that make sense?

I'm going to stop rambling now.

Questions!

What should i do?

Should i just get it over with and tell everyone?

Do you think i'm ready for this?

Kaleb.

2. KittyBoy

Kay, I will say the same what I said last time. If you think you are ready for this, then do it. If you are comfortable with other people knowing, do it. If you want to tell, and not hide who you are anymore, then do it.

In the end it all comes down to when or not you actually want to do it. From what you have told me, your friends will be fine with it, if not then they were never truely your friends.

3. OneHatMadder

I was like this at one stage.

One day- totally unplanned- I just took a breath and said it.

It's normal to be scared and excited.
    BUT as KittyBoy said you have to be ready.

I hope things work out for you sweetheart. Keep us posted.
    -Mama-

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Maybe it would be less frightening for you to tell maybe one or two people at first. Then you can see how it goes.

5. aerwolfen

i would stick to your close friends instead of planning on telling the whole school,you don't hang with the whole school, so why not keep it within your comfortable circle of friends,were you can feel yourself and safe.

6. BasketCase

I would agree 100% with that. Why invite hositility (Potentially) from people who it really is nothing to do with.

7. Just Adam

kal if you think your ready we all support it

i too am beeing less carefull and getting horrid attention.

but youve friends who support you thats good you can open up around ya mate :slight_smile:

take care

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with what some above said. You don't need to make a big public announcement of it if you don't want to. You could just tell your friends, and allow the news to get out from there.

It is probably going to be scary up until the point where you actually come out and say it. But you seem to be pretty sure they'll react well, so I'd say go for it!