1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How could I ever come out as Trans?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chloe123, May 16, 2017.

1. Chloe123

Chloe123 Guest

Hi all.
    I'm at a real low now. Hope this thread won't be too long but if it is please just read until the end. Thanks.
    Only in the last 2-3 months have I realised I'm trans and quite a lot of that time I spent doubting or simply refusing to believe it. But now I'm starting to accept it and it's getting easier on that front. But the inevitability of coming out is looming on the horizon and I don't know how I'll cope when I do it.

Let's get this straight: I'm not the most popular person in the world. Not by a long shot. People ignore me on social situations and I've got the suspicion I might have social anxiety disorder at some level. I just don't want to speak ALL of the time and today's extroverted society doesn't like that. If I came out I'm sure that the people that already hate to talk to me would never even think about it after. They're not exactly LGBT friendly and I've heard the words "tranny" and "gender bender" slip so easily out of their mouths many times before. I don't know why I pretend to like them and hang out with them. I hate them.

I don't know how to come out to my parents as well. They're not expecting it at all. I've never shown any outward signs of being trans to them and I have a feeling they wouldn't believe me at all and just try to convince me I'm not trans. It infuriates me. I am stuck in a hole with no way out. I can name the amount of people I could remotely consider coming out to on one hand. It just feels as though I'll be in the closet for the rest of my life.

Please help. And thanks for reading

2. astriferous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have a lot of advice because I'm in the same place right now, feeling like I'm unable to come out to people and such, with the exception that some friends and my brother know. I would say, give yourself some more time. It's often hard to come out, and it might be best to take it slow and not worry about coming out right now. You have time, and the inevitability of coming out, as you said, might not be as close as you think. Go at the pace you need to go at and are able to go at, imo.

It can be so hard to feel like you're just sitting on your hands and that you have to do something, but you don't have to do this if you don't want to. And if you want to, you can slowly work towards it without rushing. I mean, I've been writing and revising coming out letters for ages now, and I've known that something was up with my gender for a few years at this point. I'm even considering just not telling my parents. That's an option too, though idk how long you're willing to wait.

About your friends, I would say to get new ones because they seem like people you hate being around, but I know how hard it is to just drop crappy friends and get better ones just like that when you're not a social person (been there). So I don't have solid advice about them but I hope this gets better for you.

3. Chloe123

Chloe123 Guest

Thanks for your help. It sounds like we have a lot in common I guess.
    I agree with your advice to get rid of my friends but I'm not sure who I'd have after that. Sure I hate them but they're some of the only people I have.
    You've helped. I guess I just have to wait and see.
    Anyways. Thanks for your reply.

Ps: I sent you a friend request :slight_smile:

4. astriferous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No problem :slight_smile: and I accepted the friend request (at least I think I did? I'm on my phone right now so it's harder to navigate the site :lol:slight_smile: