1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I ready to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hemospectrum, May 17, 2017.

1. Hemospectrum

Hemospectrum Guest

I really, really want to come out. I want everyone to be able to know that I like girls and strut around my hallway like I'm the lesbian queen. The only problem is that I go to a partially anti-gay school and I'm scared about the reactions. I only know one other open lesbian at school and not many people know that she actually is lesbian. At my school, "gay" is used as a joke and a lot are not open with the idea of a gay-straight alliance, which is why our school doesn't have it. There may, however, be one next year because our PE teacher is fighting for it.

My closest friends know I'm gay and they're totally chill with it, but they're all pretty open minded. The only other thing I'm scared of is that is that my parents may be right. My parents know that I identify as lesbian/gay, but they say that I probably am bi or straight. They say it might be a phase and I'm just discovering who I am because of hormones and because of this, I might not be lesbian. I'm going to be a Sophomore next year so is that possible that I might change? I don't want to come out if it's not true. But right now I'm pretty lesbian...

2. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, sexuality can be somewhat fluid, but if you like girls and not boys, I don't think there's any reason for that changing anytime soon. After all, some people know, or at least show signs from a very young age, me included... Also, even if it changes, that's not a bad thing nor it makes your current identity any less valid. And you don't need to listen to your parents on that one... My father made me question my sexuality as well, the first time I came out to him, and I was thinking "what if it's a phase and then I'll have to tell everyone I was mistaken". But he was only projecting his own worries and hopes on me. This was 3 years ago, I'm still bi, and only now he has started to accept it.