1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone here young & lgbt+? need answers!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by poltergirl, May 17, 2017.

1. poltergirl

i just wanna know because i'm 13, and i'm positively sure i'm gay but i haven't come out to anyone yet. is anyone here young like me/came out at a young age? what is/was your experience like as lgbt+ youth? was it easier since you were yourself longer? were you bullied in grade school because of it? did alot of people think you were "just confused?" :help::help::help::help:

2. deepwaters7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't really come out to many, those few friends took it fine, didn't think I was confused or anything. But there is an openly gay guy my age at my school, and he doesn't really get bullied(sometimes the other guys joke around with him, but they do that with everyone and he doesn't care). Actually, he has a lot of friends. It's different everywhere, but that's what it's like where I am.

3. KiwiKiwi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my family and friends when I was 14 and I had an overall okay experience. Some of my friends tried to tell me that it was just a phase which wasn't cool. I only got bullied a bit by this one kid, but the situation was eventually handled and the bully apologized for everything. Most people that I came out to were accepting and happy when I came out to them.

4. DementedTrendz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out when I was 14, and honestly my life was a little better. I was called Gay or Faggot more before I came out than I was after it. After i did starting dressing a bit more feminine in high school, most didn't really care because it opened more opportunities for them to get a girl. Mostly the ones who were questioning being gay(I didn't have any girls say anything, most of them became my friends actually) said anything

5. dogmtif795

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm 14! I'm only out to a few people. I've had to tread carefully around the idea of coming out, due to my location (bible belt), several of my friends are conservative and not exactly fond of the LGBT community. A few friends just figured it out on their own, and I straight up told two people so far. I have only had one negative experience thus far, and that was from a guy who was interested in me haha.

Are you interested in coming out or just wondering? :slight_smile:

6. CallmeTate

I'm 13, too. My parents found out accidentally when they checked my text history when I was 12, but they took it fine. They both think I'm too young to know, but they're pretty accepting. It's different for everyone, really. I've started coming out to people I'm not all too close to, and it's okay. Most people are like, "SO you like girls AND boys?" and then they're pretty cool. On my bus I know a gender fluid friend a grade older, and they got a bit of crap about it I think.
    All in all, I know a few people and none are going through anything too traumatic or serious. It's the same as coming out at any age, except for my parents thinking I'm too young to know. But they joke around and don't get too uncomfortable as long as I don't bring up any girlfriends or anything, lol.
    You'll be fine :wink:

7. novena

Well currently I'm 14 and I came out regarding my sexuality when I was 13. I've never regretted it and obviously at that age you're going to second-guess yourself so just know there's no shame in that.

My dad was unbelievably accepting and my mum just avoids the topic. Thanks to my school equalities group I never received any hassle at school.

I still haven't come out as trans yet though as the thought of being that open about who I am terrifies me.

8. poltergirl

Hey, thanks for the feedback guys! I had a long day and it was nice to read this stuff :grin:

9. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im currently 15 and have came out earlier this year to a couple of my friends. I havent been bullied by anyone (i havent really told everyone but y know). It is definatly easier for me because i have friends to talk to about this stuff and i can be myself around them

10. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't "grow up gay" but I had and have some friends who did. It was a total no-problem. I don't know how their parents reacted, but I think decently, looking by how freely they expressed themselves. I would just watch out for jocks or punks or whatever dangerous types live in your area, and you'll be fine. I won't lie, it depends on your environment. What your family and school are like. In my school it was in a very bad tone to bully someone, especially for reasons like sexual orientation or ethnicity. The bully would immidiatelly have to talk with teachers, and the people in the school wouldn't join, they would look badly at this person. But I know of schools that are very different.

11. spaceboyoliver

I'm 14 and I'm in a friend group where 99% of the people in it are LGBT. The only people we're out to are each other, since we live in a quite conservative town and the chances of getting bullied are higher. I can be myself around them, and that makes everything a little bit easier.

12. Zoneingout

I'm not young or gay I'm transgender although
    Even with the age I'm at I'm not sure if my sexuality but I do think it's possible I could help. I have a lot of friends who are gay or bisexual I also had a short period of my life where I thought I was but that's a whole nother story and I don't even know if you would consider that being that ended up false.

But I can say there are a lot of young kids finding their sexuality and luckily the world is a little bit more accepting than it used to be expecially nowadays. There might be some people who pick on you for your sexuality I'm not going to say there won't be but there is a lot of people in this world who will pick on you for anything not just your sexuality. I don't think you're going to end up getting bullied as long as you stay around the correct crowd of people. You could also try going to a support group for lgbt if it's a option. but you're definitely not alone you're at the age we're exploring and learning about your sexuality is a very common thing. I'm sure there are others in your class probably in the same situation.