1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossroads

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Altruistic blue, May 18, 2017.

1. Altruistic blue

So far I've only come out to one person who is a close friend of mine, but not completely. I expressed to her before that I was confused about my sexuality and that I was questioning, but I never really said what I finally concluded. I think that I'm most likely bisexual, but as of now nobody knows this but my close friend. I feel very apprehensive about telling anyone, because this is a very recent discovery. But i also feel like I need to face my truth, becsuse I've suppressed my sexuality for my entire life. I've finally discovered myself after months of thinking and letting myself feel freely without blocking it off. But now I feel scared because it is so new for me. Its almost like I had to come out to myself first. I have other friends that are in the Lgbtq community, so its not because I'd feel unaccepted, but I just feel nervous because they all identify me as straight. Could anyone share some of their coming out experiences and some tips on how to go about doing it? Thank you in advance.

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

It is very normal to feel the way you are feeling. Sometimes you need to process it yourself before you say anything. I know it took me a while before I felt ready. If you feel like it is time to say something, then I'd just bring it up casually-- especially since you have discussed the subject before with your friend. Once you start coming out, you'll find that it becomes a bit easier.

Good luck!