1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy troubles, what do I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NeSiGaXe, Apr 30, 2009.

1. NeSiGaXe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really don't know what to do about this guy I went out with twice. I met him on a dating site, and we're a great personality match. He's fun to talk to, and fun to spend time with, but there's a problem. I'm not physically attracted to him. At all.

Worse yet, I've let things go too far. I should have said "No thanks", but I didn't and we um [insert euphemism for sex].

I'd really like to get back to looking for someone who's a good match mentally as well as physically. But I don't want to be mean, after all, he is a nice guy.

Trouble is, I know what it's like to be rejected for not being attractive enough. I just don't know what to do. :bang:

2. SRSLYMARK

You can't help what you feel. It doesn't make you shallow. Just be honest with him. I'm sure he'd appreciate that more than you lying to him, y'know?

3. someguy82

Yeah, this is a shitty situation, but honesty is the best policy.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It's not easy to tell someone that the feelings are not mutual but as stated above, honesty is the best policy. Better to do it now, rather than later. When you see him the next time, talk to him. Let him know that you don't have the same feelings for him that he might have for you and that you are not physically attracted to him. But also let him know, that he is fun to talk to and that you like spending time with him as a friend and that you would like to continue the friendship.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The longer you wait the worse it will be.

6. NeSiGaXe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks folks. I'll talk to him about it next time I see him (in person or online).